Saturday, May 08, 2010

Garden Party

Recently, I posted some images of a garden project that we started around the house (that is, Chris and I). Sure, it all seems modest, but I have to say this has been some of the most backbreaking work I think I have been a part of in many years. Besides backbreaking, it has also been rewarding.
Sure, I may feign that I am at odds with nature, but it does seem rather majestic when it comes to visit. I dare say I blotted a bitter tear when this part of the project came to an end. All the birds and insects seemed especially happy and come to show their appreciation daily. Of course, I say this now while it is still a beautiful spring, but the moment it gets to be hotter than hell (as summers in Atlanta tend to go) I will be cursing nature, majesty, and bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment