Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Object manipulation

Redesigned the pole lamp again. I was disappointed with the cone portion in that I could not get the interior of the cone to be a different color and also the pole itself was a bit of a guess where the ends met the middle portion so I cut it apart to make it easier for recoloring.
I still have one aspect that I want to tinker with - it's just a bit of a drag the way that the pattern stretches in one area. This is still the best way I have found to make a cone in UVMapper however it blurs in one area on the cone and that is where in UVMapper it is depicted as turning away from view. I don't know how to make that better, but I want to give it a shot regardless.
The coffee table I think turned out well - looks pretty much identical to the real thing. One thing I still need to tinker with is the way the pattern repeats on the surface. Other than that, I am very pleased.

{edit} That pattern for the while is going to have to remain blurred in the one spot. UVMapper allows you to tweak the faces a couple of different way but you cannot zoom in with the free version so it is nearly impossible to grab an area to stretch it out to allow for more area to be covered - ergo, the pattern appears blurred in those areas that are condensed in the 'turn' of the surface. RATs.

No comments:

Post a Comment