Sunday, August 08, 2010

Current projects

VeronaRelapse had suggested getting UVMapper pro - I had considered it a great deal, but passed when the tree fell. The suggestion however made me really really want to try to improve the texture on the pole lamp, so I threw caution to the wind, pushed those furlough days out of my mind and purchased the pro version.
What a difference. At first I thought I would cry as it was considerably more difficult to get used to but it was only a matter of time before it started to make sense. There is an interactive mapper that you can twirl and twist your shapes to nearly any configuration which is a great assistance for things like the cone to the lamp.

With all the ease of mapping (don't let that statement fool you - it's crazy hard and I won't even get into shading the multipliers properly probably for a long time) I decided to work on some CB2 items that I have been drooling over in their catalogue. Given the limitations on game item sizes, they had to be in scale with what is already in the game as I am absolutely clueless as to how to alter things like the diameter of a diner table and have it actually work (I have a table from NANU that is a 60s mod Pantone style table with the laurel base that my sims refuse to eat at - it is a larger circle and I can only imagine that it's the size and not their lacking taste).

Below are a few CB2 items (need to test in game) and a chair I have wanted to translate for the game for a year now - it's a chair I own and I adore and finally I can have it in the game. Hoo-fucking-rah.




My all time favorite chair (a total score)
The real chair (can you see the kilim in the background? I really collect them).

No comments:

Post a Comment