Sunday, August 22, 2010

Must be talking to an angel

It is not often in life someone comes along unprovoked, and says: You look like you could use a helping hand.

Through all of the hoopla I seem to find myself amongst at the moment, Heidi, at Exotic Elements, has graciously offered her assistance on the next, and possibly the most important, step of object creation: shadow baking.
We're not talking about just a little guidance. We're talking a 50+ page fully illustrated tutorial written especially for me; step by step on how to take an object (in this case the CB2 Sofa) from Milkshape, organize it properly in UVMapper and finally taking it to Blender to bake some shadows. Turns out a lightbulb isn't necessary at all as easy has nothing to do with it. It's a complex multistage process that I would never have been able to figure out on my own. The goal is not to overlap and condense to save space, but to lay every piece out, in scale, so it can be properly shadowed. How to build a better jigsaw puzzle in 90 easy steps. Further, she attentively answered each email I wrote in a panic when something (in many cases, unrelated to the tutorial) went wrong or confused the bejeezus out of me. Fie on your Python . . . fie . . . on . . . you.

Easy Bake Sofa
I'll slowly redesign all of my furniture - the ones I designed from scratch - to be properly baked. In the meantime, you should haul ass to Exotic Elements for her fine creations. If you like my rugs, you'll find the furnishings and accessories fit to sit atop them. It's hand in glove.

CB2 opened here in Atlanta. Where was I? Having a panic attack while my life fell apart around me. Still looking for a roommate - I am quiet and housebroken - the only difference between me and a cat is my mortgage. Won't be buying that whatever for however much anytime soon because I am saving money. Such vulgar words. Not bitter.

I am pulling together another rug set while I fiddle in the background on a new project - it's a small one and I don't want to say what it is as I could fall onto my face - it could happen - I mean, a tree fell in my yard starting an ugly domino effect of misery.

Okay - just a lil bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment